3.22.2012

Updated Blazer


{Before: A boring khaki blazer}

 {Soaking it in my sink for about an hour}

 {Finally rang it out and it's ready to be washed}


 {After: Dyed it twice and added new buttons}

 {Both types of dye I used, I bought the powder first and then the liquid the second time.  
I didn't really notice a difference in ease of  one over the other.}
{Buttons that I bought at Joann's for $1.90 for two!}

{Before/After}


I finally got around to dyeing an old khaki blazer that I've had since high school.  The whole process was easier than I thought it would be, even though I had to dye it two different times in order to achieve a color close to what I wanted.

The dying process was easy, but you want to make sure that you allow yourself a lot of time to rinse the extra dye out of the garment (this took almost 30 minutes for me of constantly rinsing it) and also make sure you have rubber gloves!

I bought the buttons at Joann's and I was pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive they were.  Originally, I was going to buy something at a thrift store in order to utilize the buttons on it, but before buying anything I wanted to check out Joann's.  The selection at my local store was pretty vast so it was somewhat difficult to choose, but I am happy with the final result!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...