2.14.2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes




This weekend I was so excited to make cupcakes from scratch for the first time.  I wanted to make red velvet cupcakes because they're one of my favorites, and in honor of Valentine's day today. 

Don't worry if you don't have a pastry bag for the frosting, I didn't have one either so instead I put all of the frosting in a Ziploc and cut off one corner and used that to pipe the frosting.  You also can use a knife to spread the frosting on the cupcakes.  Unfortunately this recipe calls for a lot of oil, so the next time I will substitute apple sauce for the oil to make the recipe somewhat healthy.  Other than that, these were very simple to make, maybe you'll whip some up for your Valentine's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...